Lower Back Pain FAQs
Lower back pain is one of the most common causes of disability. If you’ve been suffering from lower back pain, you might be wondering what is causing it and what can be done to relieve it. At Discover Integrated Health, we have treated lower back pain for many years. if you live in Kennesaw or Marietta, GA, and are looking for relief from lower back pain, we are ready to assist you.
What Causes Lower Back Pain?
There are many potential causes of lower back pain, including:
- Spinal misalignments
- Poor posture
- Compressed nerves due to herniated or bulging discs
- Compressed nerves due to spinal stenosis, which is a narrowing of the spine
- Pulled back muscles
- Muscle overuse injuries
- Prior trauma, such as whiplash
All of these conditions can worsen over time and can make it difficult for you to live with lower back pain. As a result, it’s important to get the help of a chiropractor to effectively treat your condition.
How Our Chiropractor Treats Lower Back Pain
It can be difficult to treat lower back pain at home by yourself. Fortunately, with the help of a chiropractor, you can find relief from your lower back pain and feel your best again. Our chiropractor will determine the root cause of your pain and immobility before creating a chiropractic care plan to treat it. Treatment recommendations will depend on the cause, location, and severity of your pain, and may include:
- Stretches and strengthening exercises to help ease lower back pain
- Massage therapy to reduce inflammation around the lower back muscles
- Spinal decompression gently stretch the spine and alleviate compressed nerve pain
- Trigger point therapy to target specific areas of the back
All of these can help alleviate your lower back and help you feel better within weeks. Treatment sessions can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, and the treatment itself can last for 2 to 3 months. Chiropractic care is an appealing option for lower back pain treatment because it does not involve prescription medication or invasive surgery.